Garage – Keep Your Investment Protected
Having a properly functioning garage door is essential for every Florida home. Your garage door provides security, protects your vehicles and belongings, and adds curb appeal to your home’s exterior. But when something goes wrong and your garage door breaks, it can cause a major inconvenience while also leaving your home vulnerable.
If you need your garage door repaired quickly, call the highly qualified professionals at Jennings Garage Door Service. We will restore full functionality to your home’s garage door, keeping you and your family safe and protected.
Common Garage Door Problems
There are several issues that can arise and cause your garage door to malfunction. Being aware of the most common problems homeowners face can help you identify when repair is needed. Some of the most frequent garage door repair needs in the local area include:
The torsion springs used in garage doors are under extreme pressure and will eventually wear out over time. Broken springs prevent the door from opening smoothly and cause the door to get stuck. Homeowners often have to get new springs installed every 5-7 years.
Like any mechanical device, garage door openers can malfunction and stop working over time. Issues with the motor, gears, chain drive, or sensors will prevent the garage door from responding to remote controls or wall consoles.
The metal tracks that guide your garage door can get knocked out of position or become damaged. Bent tracks cause the door to not open evenly and result in a lot of noise when operating. Track alignment issues must get corrected to allow proper movement.
The individual steel panels that make up a garage door can become dented, rusted, or cracked. Sometimes the damage only affects the exterior aesthetic appearance, while other times it can hinder structural integrity. Damaged panels often need to be replaced.
Garage doors have cables on each side that lift the door. Fraying or broken cables cause the door to sag on one side and jam. Loose cables need tightening while broken ones must get completely replaced.
Performing garage door repairs improperly can be dangerous. The springs are under high tension and cables are under extreme weight and pressure. Unless you have professional experience, specialized tools, and training, it is advisable to avoid DIY garage door repairs.
Hiring a qualified local garage door company is strongly recommended for any major repair. Reputable companies have certified technicians who can safely inspect, diagnose, and complete repairs. After doing your due diligence, we are sure you’ll find Jennings Garage Door Service at the top of your list.
When choosing a garage door repair company, be sure to get multiple estimates and check online reviews. This will help you find a technician you can trust to provide quality workmanship and fair pricing. Jennings Garage Door Service has great reviews; our customers highly recommend us.
What to Expect During the Garage Door Repair Process
Reputable garage door companies follow a standard protocol when providing repair services. Homeowners can expect the process to go as follows:
Inspection and Diagnosis
The first step is for the technician to visually inspect your garage door and determine exactly what is wrong. This usually takes just a few minutes for an experienced pro. They will test operation of the door and isolate the source of the problem.
Explanation of Repairs
Once the technician diagnoses the specific issue, they should clearly explain what needs repairing or replacing. At this stage, they will provide you with a quote for the total cost of parts and labor. There should be no hidden fees. Jennings Garage Door Service will provide you with a written estimate.
Completion of Work
With your approval, the technician will promptly get to work completing the necessary repairs. The broken parts causing problems will get swapped out for new replacement parts. The technician will work as efficiently as possible while taking care not to rush.
Testing and Inspection
Before leaving, the repair technician should methodically test operation of the garage door several times. This ensures proper movement and alignment. All sensors and safety mechanisms will get confirmed to be functioning correctly.
Reputable companies take time to provide homeowners maintenance tips before leaving the job site. This equips you with helpful knowledge on how to properly care for and lubricate your garage door. Preventative maintenance is key for maximizing longevity.
The full process usually takes between 1-3 hours from start to finish, depending on what repairs your specific garage door requires. More complex repairs or full panel replacements understandably will take longer.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional for Garage Door Repairs
While some minor DIY garage door repairs may seem doable, there are several advantages to hiring a qualified professional technician:
- Corrects underlying problems – DIY repairs often just mask symptoms without fixing root causes. Professionals properly diagnose and fix underlying issues.
- Improved safety – Technicians have training and expertise to make repairs safely. Attempting repairs yourself can be dangerous.
- Prevents further damage – Timely repairs prevent more expensive problems down the road. Minor issues get fixed before causing major damage.
- Enhanced functionality – Doors get fine-tuned and calibrated, restoring smooth operation and convenience.
- ** Problems fixed right the first time** – There is no need to redo repairs when you have an expert on the job.
- Access to equipment/parts – Companies have the specialized tools and inventory of parts needed to complete repairs.
- Warranties – Professional companies guarantee their workmanship for added peace of mind.
Relying on a skilled technician for your garage door repairs ensures the job gets done properly the first time. Taking a DIY approach often leads to frustration and disappointing results. Leave garage door repair to the professionals.
Common Garage Door Repair Costs in Riverview, FL
While every garage door repair job will be different, below are some typical average costs that homeowners can expect to pay:
- Broken spring replacement – $200 – $300 for two springs
- Garage door opener repair – $125 – $250 depending on needed repairs
- Bent track realignment – $125 – $200
- Replace broken cable – $125 – $250 per cable
- Replace garage door panel – $150 – $400 per panel
- Replace weather stripping – $25 per door
- Replace rollers – $5 – $10 per roller
Keep in mind that additional discounts may be available for new customers, military, senior citizens, etc. Replacement garage door installation averages between $650 – $1500 depending on size and material. Always get written estimates from at least 3 local companies before hiring for major repairs or replacement.
How Long Does Garage Door Repair Take?
Another question many homeowners have is how long will the repair work take to complete. The overall timeframe depends on several factors:
- Type of repairs needed
- Scope and scale of the job
- Technician’s experience
- Your garage door’s condition
- Delivery time for any parts/materials
For straightforward jobs like replacing a broken cable, installing new rollers, or replacing weather seals, repairs typically take 1 – 2 hours. More complex repairs like replacing entire panels or installing new garage door openers take in the 3 – 5 hour range.
If your garage door is very old, has significant damage, or needs multiple types of repairs, it could require even more time. The technician should provide you with an estimated timeframe after inspecting and diagnosing the issue. Schedule repairs when you have flexibility in case it takes longer than expected.
FAQs About Garage Door Repair
How much does it cost to fix a broken garage door cable?
Expect to pay an average of $150 – $250 to have a broken garage door cable replaced by a professional technician. The exact cost can vary based on cable size/type, extent of damage, and labor rates.
Should I replace or repair garage door springs?
As a rule of thumb, it makes financial sense to replace your springs once they break or start severely malfunctioning. Garage door springs need replacing every 5-7 years. Repairing old worn springs often leads to them breaking again soon.
Can I repair a bent garage door track myself?
Attempting DIY bent garage door track repair is not advisable. The tracks are under high tension and require special tools to realign properly. Unless the track is just very slightly out of alignment, it’s best to hire a professional.
How much does it cost to replace a garage door panel?
Replacing a single damaged garage door panel typically costs between $150 – $400. The exact price depends on the type of material (steel, wood, etc.), size, level of ornamentation, and labor costs.
How long does it take to replace a garage door?
It takes 2 – 5 hours for most professional garage door replacement jobs. The overall time required depends on garage door size, whether any modifications are needed to the framing, and if installing a new opener.
Key Takeaways on Garage Door Repair
Fixing a malfunctioning garage door quickly is critical. Here are some key tips homeowners should keep in mind:
- Don’t attempt dangerous DIY repairs without training and the right equipment
- Hire a professional local company like Jennings Garage Door Service instead
- Get multiple estimates before choosing a repair company
- Ask about licensing, insurance, guarantees, and certifications
- Inquire about emergency after-hours repair availability
- Opt for replacement over repairing very old doors and parts
- Maintain your garage door properly to prevent premature breakdowns
- Budget $150 – $300 on average for most minor repairs
- Expect 1 – 5 hours depending on repair complexity and scope
With over 20 years of experience specializing in residential garage door repair throughout the Riverview,. FL area, Jennings Garage Door Service has become one of the most trusted local companies. Their master technicians are experts at fixing broken springs, cables, rollers, tracks, and more. They provide honest assessments, won’t try to oversell you, and stand behind their workmanship. Jennings Garage Door Service can be reached at (813) 955-7813.
Looking for the best door repair service, shop, or company near me or in my area who repairs not only doors, but springs, cables, rollers, openers and more? Call us! Does your opener, torsion spring, cable, chain, roller, or sensor need fixed? Call us! Searching for the top contractors, services, shops, or companies who are experienced and professional, have great reviews, who do quality work and will provide a free estimate? Call now! Looking for a contractor who is affordable, and does small residential jobs? Need someone to fix a panel, whether it is made of fiberglass, metal, aluminum, or wood? Call Us! Need estimates on commercial overhead jobs, or a gate that needs repaired under warranty? Call us!
Garage Door Supplier Riverview, Florida
Garage Door – Service is Important
For homeowners in Florida, having a properly functioning garage door is incredibly important. Not only does it provide security and protection from the elements, a good garage door also enhances curb appeal and can even help reduce energy costs. However, garage doors do require periodic maintenance, repairs, and eventual replacement.
Installing a new garage door is one of the best home improvements you can make. Aside from boosting exterior appeal, professional installation guarantees that your garage door runs smoothly, reliably, and securely for many years. However, improper DIY garage door installation can result in everything from injury to energy inefficiency in the long run. That is why working with Jennings Garage Door Service’s expert installers is critical. We will show you how to select the best garage door for your home, what to expect during the installation process, and how to properly care for your new door once it is done. When it comes time to install a new garage door, give us a call; we are garage door installation professionals.
Cost of New Garage Door Installation
Installing a new garage door will be a significant investment, often costing anywhere from $800 up to several thousand dollars depending on the door’s type, size, materials, and features. Here are the typical price ranges:
- Basic single-layer steel door – $600 to $1,000 installed
- Insulated double-layer steel door – $800 to $1,500 installed
- Wood door – $1,000 to $3,000 installed
- Custom wood or fiberglass doors – $3,000+ installed
- Garage door opener – $150 to $400
Keep in mind that costs can also vary depending on the company you hire, its experience, any special installation requirements, and whether you’re also having the old door removed and disposed of.
Jennings Garage Door Service, located in Riverview, FL, is one garage door company known for fair pricing and transparent estimates. As a family-owned business serving the area for over 10 years, their knowledgeable technicians will assess your needs and quotation options for new door installation, replacement, or repair.
To get a quote from Jennings Garage Door Service, call (813) 955-7813 or visit them online.
Tips for Choosing a New Garage Door
Selecting the right garage door for your home and needs is an important decision. Consider the following tips when choosing a new garage door:
- Steel – Most affordable option that’s still durable in Florida’s climate. Go with double-layer insulated steel for energy efficiency. Can have foam insulation backing added.
- Aluminum – Lightweight and resistant to rust. More expensive than steel but requires less maintenance. Insulation can be added.
- Wood – Naturally insulating and aesthetically pleasing but needs refinishing and is susceptible to humidity damage.
- Fiberglass – Strong, impact-resistant, and won’t warp. More expensive but very low maintenance.
- Vinyl – Braded overlays give appearance of wood. Resists moisture damage but can still be dented.
- Custom Composite – Mix of materials like steel, aluminum, foam. Pros of multiple materials combined. Higher cost.
Choose an insulated door if your garage is heated/cooled or converted to living space. Insulation helps moderate temperature and reduces energy costs.
Wind Load Rating
Select a wind load rated door certified to withstand hurricane-force winds if you live in an area in Florida prone to heavy storms. This fortifies the home.
- Consider door styles – traditional raised panel, contemporary flush, cottage, etc.
- Glass window inserts add aesthetic appeal and daylight but reduce insulation.
- Faux wood grain, color and decorative hardware provides custom look.
- Durable powder coated finishes prevent rusting
- Pinch-resistant door panel design protects fingers and hands
- Choose heavier gauge steel for increased longevity
- Include safety photo eyes or other sensors to reverse the door if objects/people detected underneath while closing. Very important for households with children or pets.
Select doors that come with at least a 10-year warranty on materials and workmanship for protection.
Garage Door Opener
Invest in a robust, powerful garage door opener from a leading brand like LiftMaster or Chamberlain. Make sure the horsepower and drive type matches your door’s size and design. Smart home connectivity is useful for controlling the door remotely.
Hire a Professional for Installation
Proper garage door installation involves expertise and training. To ensure safety, performance, and warranty coverage, it’s advisable to hire professional garage door technicians rather than attempting DIY installation.
Reasons to have a professional garage door company handle the new door installation:
- Knowledge of proper safety protocols and compliance with codes
- Skills and tools to remove old door and disposals of materials
- Adjusting doors and openers for smooth operation
- Ensuring door is balanced, level, and operating correctly
- Providing warranty on labor for installation work
- Experience identifying potential issues or needed repairs
Reputable garage door companies like Jennings Garage Door Service employ seasoned technicians who know how to complete new door installations safely and correctly. As an established local business, their installers work efficiently to get the job done right the first time.
Finding the Best Garage Door Company
Choosing the right garage door company is key to getting exceptional service for installation, repairs, maintenance, or replacement. Here are tips for picking the best garage door company:
- Check reviews – Read reviews on Google, Yelp, and other sites to gauge quality of work and customer satisfaction.
- Compare multiple estimates – Get bids from at least three reputable companies before deciding. Avoid picking based only on lowest price.
- Ask about licensing and insurance – Choose a properly licensed and insured garage door company for your protection.
- Inquire about warranties – Top companies will warranty their new doors and labor for 1-5 years or more.
- Check reputation with BBB – Pick companies with a good Better Business Bureau rating and minimal complaints.
- Understand the quote – Get a detailed written quote spelling out services, products, options, prices, fees, and timelines.
- Consider safety certifications – Technicians should be trained and certified by the IDA (International Door Association) for safe practices.
- Ask about experience – Find out how long the company has been serving your local area. Longevity indicates quality services.
- Choose customer service – Pick a company that is responsive, answers your questions, and ensures you’re satisfied.
Jennings Garage Door Service meets or exceeds all the above criteria for a top garage door company. Family-owned and serving Riverview, FL for over 10 years, Jennings employs background checked technicians to safely deliver quality craftsmanship and customer service.
Contact Jennings Garage Door Service at (813) 955-7813 for a quote on your new garage door installation or repair needs. Their expertise will ensure you get the optimal solutions for your home.
How Often Should the Garage Door Be Serviced?
To keep your garage door operating smoothly for years to come, periodic maintenance by a qualified technician is recommended. Here are some general guidelines for servicing a residential garage door:
- Every 6 months – Schedule a tune-up to lubricate moving parts, check balance, test safety sensors, inspect hardware. This prevents premature wear and problems.
- Annually – Have a technician perform a more thorough inspection of all components – springs, cables, rollers, hinges, motor operator. Identify potential issues before they cause breakdowns.
- Seasonally – Check weather seals twice per year and replace if needed to prevent air leaks and moisture damage. Inspect exterior for rust or dents at change of seasons.
- As Needed – Schedule service calls whenever problems arise like jerky opening, strange noises, broken parts. Addressing issues quickly prevents further damage.
Jennings Garage Door Service provides comprehensive maintenance plans for homeowners wanting to proactively care for their garage doors at regular intervals. Their expert technicians will ensure your door stays in top shape.
Signs It’s Time to Replace the Garage Door
While periodic servicing can maximize lifespan, there comes a point when an old worn-out garage door needs complete replacement. Warning signs include:
- Significant rusting, rotting, or corrosion on door panels
- Large dents, cracks, or holes in the door sections
- Frequent breakdowns of springs, rollers, cables or other components
- Problems tracking properly due to bent tracks or worn rollers
- Difficulty sealing out weather elements due to damaged seals
- An opener motor older than 10 years that’s underpowered or unreliable
- Overall poor appearance that detracts from home’s curb appeal
If your garage door is more than 20 years old, it likely makes sense to replace the entire door rather than sink money into repairs. New insulation standards also make many older doors poor energy performers.
When you need a new garage door in the Riverview, FL area, the experienced technicians at Jennings Garage Door Service can provide reliable installation and fair pricing. Give them a call at (813) 955-7813.
Frequently Asked Questions About New Garage Door Installation
Here are answers to some of the most common questions homeowners have about new garage door installation:
How long does new garage door installation take?
For a standard size single-car garage door, expect the installation process to take between 3-5 hours including removal of old door. Larger two-car doors or custom doors may take longer.
Should I get estimates from multiple companies?
Yes, it is wise to get at least 3 estimates before selecting a garage door company to ensure you get fair pricing. Make sure all bids are made based on the same new door type and specifications.
What preparation is needed before installation?
Make sure the area around the garage door is cleared of obstructions. Remove vehicles and belongings stored near the door. For safety, notify family members to avoid the area during work.
What do installers do with the old garage door?
Reputable companies will dispose of the old door according to local regulations. Make sure to ask who is responsible for hauling away the old door panels, tracks, and hardware before work begins.
Can I install a new garage door myself?
While DIY installation is possible for simple aluminum or lightweight doors, it is typically safer and more reliable to hire professional installers, especially for heavy wood or steel doors.
How long does a new garage door last?
With proper maintenance and servicing, you can expect a new steel or wood garage door to last 15-30 years. Maximum longevity depends on usage, climate, quality of the door, and installation expertise.
The experts at Jennings Garage Door combine their knowledge with excellent customer service. They handle the full installation procedure and will assist with any permits or inspections that may be required. Call Jennings Garage Door Service at (813) 955-7813 for a free estimate on economical, high-quality garage door installation in Riverview, FL, and the surrounding areas.
Looking for the best installation service, shop, contractor, or company near me or in my area who provide not only complete installs, but who also will install springs, cables, rollers, openers and more? Call us! Does your opener, torsion spring, cable, chain, roller, or sensor need installed? Call us! Searching for the top contractors, services, shops, or companies who are experienced and professional, have great reviews, who do quality work and will provide a free estimate? Call now! Need estimates on commercial overhead doors, or warranty installations? Call us! Looking for installers who are affordable, and do small residential jobs? Need someone to put in a new panel, whether it is made of fiberglass, metal, aluminum, or wood? Call Us!
Door Shop Riverview, Florida
Garage Door – We Take Care of Everything
Having a properly functioning garage door is incredibly important for any Florida homeowner. Not only does it provide security and protection from the elements, but it also contributes greatly to your home’s curb appeal. However, garage doors can wear down over time and eventually need major repairs or even full replacement. Replacing an old, dysfunctional garage door with a brand new one can completely transform the look of your home’s exterior. It also enhances efficiency by ensuring a tight seal and integrating modern convenience features.
If your garage door is in poor condition, making strange noises, not opening correctly or suffering from other issues, Jennings Garage Door Service may recommend replacement. Replacing a garage door is a significant investment for homeowners, but the results are well worth it in increased home value, safety, energy savings and aesthetic appeal.
Common Garage Door Repairs in Riverview, FL
Before resorting to full garage door replacement, there are a number of repairs that can potentially fix issues with existing doors. Jennings Garage Door Service’s expert technicians have years of experience diagnosing and completing the following common garage door repairs:
Garage door springs are essential components that counterbalance the weight of the door and allow it to open and close smoothly and with minimal effort. However, springs wear out over time and eventually break. Replacing broken torsion springs is one of the most common repairs needed on garage doors. Jennings Garage Door Service keeps a wide selection of spring sizes and types in stock so they can be replaced immediately.
The individual panels or sections that make up a garage door can become dented, cracked or warped from impact damage, material fatigue or general wear and tear over the years. Replacing select damaged sections is often a more affordable option compared to a full door replacement. Jennings technicians are experts at assessing damage and performing section replacements.
Garage doors moving along metal tracks can sometimes come off track if the wheels become misaligned. This can cause the door to get stuck or block the track, making the door impossible to open or close. Jennings’ repair team can quickly diagnose and fix off-track doors by adjusting and realigning the wheels and resetting the door onto the track.
Problems with garage door openers are common, including broken remotes, wall button malfunctions and motor failures. If the opener motor or circuit board are damaged, opener repair or replacement may be needed. Jennings stocks all major brands and models of openers to provide fast installation.
Weather Seal & Insulation Problems
Compromised weather seals and missing or damaged insulation around the garage door can lead to costly energy loss and moisture damage. Replacing seals and insulation is an effective repair for improving efficiency and preventing deterioration.
If your Riverview garage door is exhibiting any of these common problems, contact Jennings Garage Door Service at (813) 955-7813 to schedule a repair appointment. In many cases, expert repairs can restore proper functionality and extend the door’s lifespan.
Cost of New Garage Door Installation in Riverview
When repairs are no longer an effective or cost-efficient option, installing a brand new garage door is the best solution. Jennings Garage Door Service offers new door installation throughout Riverview, FL and provides upfront pricing with no hidden fees. Homeowners can expect to pay the following garage door replacement costs on average:
- Basic single garage door installation – $800 – $1,200
- Double garage door installation – $1,500 – $2,000
- Premium/insulated garage door installation – $1,800 – $2,500
- Garage door opener added – $300 – $500 additional
Keep in mind that costs can vary based on the exact specifications of your garage space and door. Factors that influence new garage door installation costs include:
- Door Size – Larger double bay doors cost more than standard single doors. Unique measurements also increase price.
- Materials – Premium materials like wood, composite and aluminum cost more than basic steel.
- Insulation Rating – Doors with higher R-values for maximum efficiency have a higher cost.
- Windows/Designs – Custom window patterns, decorative hardware and other upgrades add cost.
- Condition of Existing Framework – Reusing an old track system saves money but replacements increase price.
- Accessories – Items like automatic openers, keypads, WiFi integration, backup power and outdoor lighting bump up the total price.
Jennings Garage Door Service provides free consultations and estimates, allowing you to get an accurate quote for your specific garage door replacement project. This ensures there are no surprises and you stay within your budget.
Popular Garage Door Materials
When selecting a new garage door, one of the biggest considerations is the material. Florida homeowners have many aesthetically pleasing and durable options to match their budget, design taste and functionality needs. Some of the most popular garage door materials include:
Steel is the most common and affordable option for new garage doors. Steel panel doors are available in a variety of colors and finishes, providing an array of looks from modern to traditional. Painted steel doors cost slightly more than basic unfinished galvanized steel. Steel is prone to dents but is very durable otherwise. Insulated options deliver greater efficiency.
Aluminum garage doors are also budget-friendly and resistant to rust and corrosion. Aluminum needs less maintenance than steel and often has thicker gauges for dent resistance. However, aluminum can still be susceptible to damage from impacts. Jennings installs high-quality aluminum doors from trusted brands.
Wood doors provide a timeless, classic aesthetic. Wood types like cedar, hemlock and mahogany offer natural beauty. Though wood is relatively expensive, it can be painted or stained to change its look. Jennings recommends wood doors for low-traffic residential applications, as they require frequent sealing and staining.
For homeowners who love the visual appeal of wood but seek greater durability, fiberglass doors offer an excellent hybrid option. They have an authentic wood grain look but do not require intensive maintenance. Fiberglass withstands moisture, warping and impact damage better than pure wood.
Vinyl garage doors offer the benefit of being cost-effective while also being dent-resistant and requiring minimal maintenance. Vinyl has good impact strength but may not have as long a lifespan or offer the efficiency ratings of other materials. Still, vinyl is a solid choice if cost is the priority.
Composite doors combine materials for ideal aesthetics, strength and thermal efficiency. Often made of polyurethane foam sandwiched between an interior and exterior steel skin, composites blend the best attributes of steel and wood for curb appeal and durability.
The garage door experts at Jennings help homeowners select the optimal material based on their needs, preferences and budget.
Tips for Choosing a Garage Door Company
Selecting the right garage door company is just as important as choosing the right door. Installing a garage door requires technical skills and expertise for proper safety and functionality. Follow these tips when vetting garage door companies:
- Examine Licensing & Certifications – Legitimate companies have all required state and local licensing along with training certs from the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation (IDEA).
- Check for Proper Insurance Coverage – Liability insurance and workers’ comp coverage protects homeowners should on-site incidents and injuries occur.
- Look for Strong Warranties – Quality garage door companies offer warranties of 1 year or more on labor and materials. Multi-year and lifetime warranties indicate exemplary product confidence.
- Read Reviews & Get References – Testimonials and referrals from past clients reveal the quality of work and customer service. Reliable companies have overwhelmingly positive feedback.
- Compare Multiple Quotes – Get quotes from at least 3 local contractors to find the best deal. Beware exceptionally low bids, which may indicate cut corners.
- Inquire About Emergency Services – Choose a company that offers 24-hour emergency repair and after-hours installation services for quicker response times.
- Check How Long They’ve Been in Business – Look for an established company with ample experience installing doors in your local area.
- Ask About Door Selection – A company that stocks a wide range of products from standard to luxury can provide you more choices.
Following these guidelines will help identify the most qualified, experienced garage door company that excels in both installations and repairs. Performing due diligence prevents choosing the wrong company and ensures garage door project satisfaction.
Reap the Benefits of New Garage Door Installation
A new door provides immediate aesthetic improvement along with long-term durability and performance. Contemporary materials and energy-efficient designs maximize operational lifespan and cut energy consumption. Advanced technologies like Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in cameras and battery backup systems add next-level convenience and protections too.
While repairs can provide temporary fixes, ultimately replacing old doors pays dividends for homeowners. A new door also seals out dust and pests and insulates against noise better than an older model. Safety and security see improvements as well thanks to automatic openers, encryption and impact-resistant builds.
To make sure your new garage doors are expertly installed and optimized to your specifications, rely on the seasoned professionals at Jennings Garage Door Service. With nearly 10 years of experience serving Riverview, FL and surrounding areas, the Jennings team handles complete garage door replacements with efficiency, attention to detail and care for your home.
Our upfront pricing, expansive product selection, warranties and commitment to service are secondv to none. Contact Jennings Garage Door Service at (813) 955-7813 for a free consultation and estimate on your garage door replacement project today! Investing in new garage doors is guaranteed to increase curb appeal, efficiency and functionality while enhancing safety and convenience.
Looking for the best replacement service, shop, or company near me or in my area who provides not only complete installation , but who also will replace springs, cables, rollers, openers and more? Call us! Does your opener, torsion spring, cable, chain, roller, or sensor need replaced? Call us! Searching for the top contractors, services, shops, or companies who are experienced and professional, have great reviews, who do quality work and will provide a free estimate? Call now! Need estimates on commercial overhead doors, or warranty replacements? Call us! Looking for a contractor who is affordable, and does small residential jobs? Need someone to install a new panel, whether it is made of fiberglass, metal, aluminum, or wood? Call Us!
Garage Builder Riverview, Florida
Garage Door – Protecting Your Home & Family
Having a properly functioning garage door is something that most homeowners take for granted, until something goes wrong. But preventative maintenance can go a long way towards avoiding those middle-of-the-night breakdowns or getting stuck outside your garage when you’re already running late.
For Riverview, FL residents, keeping up with garage door maintenance is crucial for smooth operation and safety. Jennings Garage Door Service helps our customers keep their garage doors operating as they should by our annul inspections and maintenance tune-ups.
The Importance of Proactive Garage Door Maintenance
Of all the systems and appliances in your home, the garage door tends to get overlooked when it comes to maintenance. But given how often you use it and its size and weight, it’s one of the most vital to keep serviced.
Preventative maintenance provides many benefits:
- Maximizes longevity – Lubricating moving parts, tightening hardware, adjusting springs/cables, etc. reduces wear and tear.
- Saves money – Routine care prevents minor issues from escalating into major repairs.
- Enhances safety – Ensures safety sensors, auto-reverse mechanisms and locks function properly.
- Prevents malfunctions – Catching small problems early reduces the likelihood of breakdowns leaving you stuck.
- Maintains appearance – Cleaning and sealing preserves the door’s aesthetics and curb appeal.
But what specific maintenance tasks should homeowners tackle and how often? Let’s go over some key tips.
DIY Garage Door Maintenance Tips and Tasks
Much of garage door maintenance consists of inspecting components, cleaning and lubricating parts, and tightening hardware. Homeowners can perform these basic DIY maintenance tasks for smooth operation and longevity.
Hardware Inspection and Tightening
- Cables – Check for fraying or broken strands. Ensure crimped ends are secure.
- Hinges – Confirm all screws/bolts are tight on sectional doors. Lubricate with white lithium grease.
- Rollers – Inspect for broken wheels or bent stems. Clean any debris off roller surfaces.
- Tracks – Check tracks are aligned and free of debris. Tighten any loose screws or bolts.
- Springs – Look for broken or protruding coils. Have pros adjust or replace.
Sensor and Safety Inspection
- Door sensors – Wave hand in path to test they reverse the door. Keep lenses clean.
- Auto-reverse test – Place box underneath to ensure door stops and reverses when obstructed.
- Door lock – Ensure door cannot be manually lifted when locked in down position.
Cleaning and Lubricating
- Door panels – Wipe down exterior surfaces with mild soap and water.
- Tracks – Vacuum out dirt and debris with shop vac.
- Moving parts – Lubricate rollers, pulleys, hinges. Avoid over-greasing cables.
- Weatherstripping – Clean or replace damaged/cracked seals around and on bottom of door.
How Often to Maintain
- Seasonally – Tune up hardware, lube parts, test sensors/locking.
- Monthly – Visually inspect door and opener. Test balance by hand.
- Yearly – Professional tune-up, cable inspection and adjustments.
While DIY maintenance can go a long way, there are more complex repairs that require a trained professional.
Signs It’s Time to Call a Garage Door Service Pro
As a homeowner, it’s important to know when a garage door issue exceeds your experience level. Calling a professional garage door service company promptly can get your door operating safely again and prevent costly repairs.
Warning signs a garage door needs professional attention include:
- Unusual noises – Grinding, squeaking, banging noises indicate a problem.
- Door not closing to ground – Gaps let weather and pests inside garage.
- Auto-reverse not working – Dangerous if door doesn’t stop on obstructions.
- Door drifts when stopped – Cables, springs or pulleys likely damaged.
- Opener strains – Could indicate springs/cables stretched and worn.
- Sagging or uneven door – Signals panels or rollers are broken or loose.
Don’t ignore these issues or attempt makeshift repairs. Contact your local garage door pros Jennings Garage Door Service at (813) 955-7813 to schedule a repair or maintenance tune-up.
Common Garage Door Problems Professionals Can Fix
While regular maintenance prevents many problems, garage doors contain many parts that can still wear out or break over time. Here are some common issues Jennings garage door service technicians take care of:
The torsion springs that counterbalance the door are under extreme tension and will eventually break from age and use. Replacing springs requires proper training and tools to complete safely.
Garage door tracks can become misaligned and bend from repeated use. This can cause rollers to pop out of tracks. Track alignment is best left to pros.
Squeaking, grinding or loud operation is often due to lack of lubrication. But it can also signal damaged or loose parts in need of repair.
Cables under extreme tension can unwind from cable drums causing the door to malfunction. Frayed or broken cables should be replaced.
Remote Not Working
If the remote or wall switch no longer opens the door, the opener’s logic board, antenna or internal parts may need replacement.
Dented or cracked door panels can be repaired or replaced. Matching the finish on damaged sections may require professional expertise.
Off Track Doors
Doors that won’t open or close may be off track. Professionals have the tools and skills to safely re-align and adjust the door.
Knowing when to contact the pros for common garage door problems will ensure repairs are done correctly the first time.
Garage Door Opener Repair and Troubleshooting Tips
Garage door openers provide keyless, convenient access to your garage. But like any device, they can malfunction and require troubleshooting and repair at times. Here are some common garage door opener issues and fixes:
Remote not working – Try replacing the battery. Check if the opener motor unit lights turn on. May require opener logic board replacement.
Noisy operation – Apply light oil to moving parts per manufacturer guidelines. Ensure chain/belt/screw drive is tensioned properly.
Door reverses for no reason – Clean safety sensor lenses and realign. Adjust travel limit settings if needed. Ensure opener is firmly mounted.
Opener won’t close door – Check for binding or obstructions. Adjust travel limit and force controls. Test safety sensors. Replace worn gear drive or motor if needed.
Door binds or sticks – Clean tracks and lubricate rollers and hinges. Check for level and plumb door. Replace worn cables, springs and pulleys.
Hiring a pro to troubleshoot issues provides an expert assessment on whether parts need adjustment, repair or replacement. This can save homeowners money compared to replacing the entire opener.
How Much Does Garage Door Repair Cost?
Like any home repair, cost depends on the specific work needed. Limited repairs like replacing the remote clicker or hinges averages $125-$200. Larger jobs like replacing springs run $180-$400. New opener installation can cost $300-$650 including parts and labor.
Here are some common garage door repair costs:
- Spring replacement – $180-$400
- New door opener – $310-$600
- Sectional panel replacement – $150-$350
- Off-track door repair – $150-$250
- Bent track straightening – $120-$220
- Remote keypad – $80-$150
Jennings Garage Door Service provides upfront estimates after assessing the condition of your door and opener. Their technicians troubleshoot issues thoroughly so you only pay for work needed. Avoid companies that inflate costs with unneeded parts and labor.
When to Replace vs. Repair Your Garage Door
Since garage doors are a significant investment, weighing replacement versus repair costs is smart. If the door no longer functions safely and needs extensive repairs that exceed 50-60% of the cost of a new door, replacement may be the best option.
Reasons to consider replacing your Riverview, FL garage door:
- Multiple failed parts including springs, rollers, cables and opener
- Significant rust, damage or deterioration to panels and hardware
- Outdated or obsolete door model with hard to find parts
- Desired newer door features like insulation, windows or opener integration
Replacement also makes sense if you’re remodeling your home and want to update the style or material of your door.
But even with older or basic models, repair is often the more affordable option if the core structure remains intact. The pros at Jennings Garage Door Service provide honest guidance on whether replacement or repair makes the most sense budget-wise.
Safety Tips for DIY Garage Door Maintenance
While the basics like tightening bolts and lubricating parts can safely be DIY jobs, other tasks come with hazards if proper precautions aren’t taken.
Here are some key safety tips when maintaining your Riverview garage door:
- Use proper lifting techniques – Bend knees and do not twist when lifting heavy door panels.
- Work with an assistant – Have someone help stabilize the door when removing/installing panels.
- Keep hands clear of moving parts – Cables, pulleys and opener drive trains can crush fingers.
- Wear eye protection – Springs and hardware can snap and fly when tension is released.
- Use proper tools – Use ladders, pliers, and screwdrivers designed for garage door work.
- Disconnect power to opener – Turn off breaker power before any repair work.
Avoid serious injury by calling in a pro like Jennings Garage Door Service if a repair seems risky, complex or beyond your skill level. Safety should always come first.
Why Preventative Maintenance Saves Money
Just like changing your car’s oil, preventative maintenance keeps small issues from ballooning into major repairs. It also extends the lifespan of your door so you don’t have to incur replacement costs as often.
Catching minor problems before they worsen prevents extra charges like:
- Emergency after hours service calls
- Complex repairs taking more labor time
- Replacing damaged parts that could have had minor fixes
- Technician assessments and troubleshooting of advanced issues
Investing a little time and money on tune-ups, lubrication, adjustments and part replacements when needed is infinitely wiser than waiting for your door to stop working properly.
Well maintained doors can last over 20 years. But neglecting maintenance often leads to expensive opener or full door replacements in half that time. Protect your investment with proactive upkeep.
Why Hire a Garage Door Service Pro vs. DIY?
When it’s time for major garage door repairs or a new opener, hiring a professional service technician is always advisable over DIY. The pros at Jennings Garage Door Service offer various benefits:
- Safety – Technicians have training to handle weighty doors and hazardous parts like springs and openers safely.
- Expertise – Years of experience allow pros to diagnose issues accurately and fix them correctly the first time.
- Efficiency – Proper tools and ability to access parts quickly results in faster repairs.
- Warranties – Professional parts and labor often come with guarantees not offered on DIY repairs.
- Aesthetics – They have resources to seamlessly match replacement door sections to your existing door.
Don’t risk injury or end up with a poorly functioning, unsightly DIY door repair. Our technicians have the expertise to get your door working right.
While doing some DYI maintenance is beneficial, having Jennings Garage Door Service‘s skilled technicians do a yearly tune-up finds even minor flaws before they become major concerns. Our preventative maintenance services offer low-cost peace of mind. When you need thorough repairs or service in the Riverview, FL region, call the experts at Jennings Garage Door Service at (813) 955-7813. Investing a little time and attention in your garage door now will save you from having to replace it later.
Looking for the best service, shop, or company near me or in my area? Searching for companies, shops, services, or contractors who can not only repair but who also do annual maintenance inspections of residential doors? Call us!
Need a commercial inspection? Want to know the cost of a check-up or tune-up? Call us! Looking for a top rated contractor with great reviews who is highly recommended? Call us!
Riverview is an unincorporated census-designated place in Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. It is located south of Brandon. The population was 107,396 in the 2020 census, up from 71,050 in the 2010 census.
Many of Tampa Bay’s radio and television stations broadcast from an antenna farm in the Riverview area, on Boyette Road, southeast of town. Riverview is home to Bell Creek Nature Preserve.
Riverview was founded in 1885 on the Alafia River’s north shore. However, in the 1830s settlers arrived on the south side of the river at an area formerly known as Peru (pronounced “Pe-Roo”) because Peru was an indigenous name for “straight part of the river”. Peru existed for nearly 100 years and was one of the oldest settlements in central Florida. It wasn’t until the 1940s that Riverview absorbed Peru, and now claims the south side of the Alafia River. The Peruvian Mining Company, which mined phosphate from the Alafia, took its name from the settlement. The term “Alafia” is translated as “River of Fire” due to the phosphorus on the early riverbottom glowing at night.
The area’s first school was built in 1893, inside the Peru Baptist Church. The area called Riverview began to be populated on the north side of the river. The two communities were connected by a river ferry. Soon after, a bridge was constructed from sections of a bridge that once spanned the Hillsborough River in downtown Tampa. The post office periodically was moved from the Riverview side to the Peru side of the river and back, causing much tension. The Riverview name eventually came into usage in the early 1940s by the post office to relieve just such confusion with the mail. Peru has disappeared from all but the earliest maps. Some of Peru’s or Riverview’s settlers include the Barnes, Bourgees, Boyettes, Brandons, Buzbees, Hackneys, Hancocks, Hartleys, Mansfields, Moodys, Simmons, Scotts, Symmes, Topes, Thompsons, Whitts, and the Yeomans. The area founded by the Boyette family is now the community of Boyette, located in the eastern part of the Riverview CDP.
The first commercial poultry farm in Florida was established by Emmet and Myrtle Tope in Riverview in 1921.
Riverview is located southeast of the center of Hillsborough County. The Alafia River flows through the northern part of the CDP and forms part of its northeastern border, separating Riverview from Bloomingdale to the northeast. Other neighboring communities, all unincorporated, are Brandon to the north, Palm River-Clair Mel to the northwest, Progress Village and Gibsonton to the west, Apollo Beach to the southwest, Balm to the south, and FishHawk to the east.
Interstate 75 forms the western edge of the Riverview CDP, with access from Exits 246, 250, 254, and 256. U.S. Route 301 runs through the western side of the CDP, parallel to I-75 and through the original settlement of Riverview at the Alafia River. Downtown Tampa is 12 miles (19 km) to the northwest via US-301 and the Selmon Expressway.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Riverview CDP has a total area of 48.0 square miles (124.3 km2), of which 46.2 square miles (119.6 km2) are land and 1.8 square miles (4.6 km2), or 3.72%, are water.
Driving around Riverview and surrounding areas: